Besteht Interesse an Infos zu OBD2 Adapter und Software?

• Have you done it? Could you give more detail ?. I have identified these SSU module strings in the mx5:
    731-01-01 5030 C824 21C7
    731-01-02 180D 1926 902F

In the Cx5 the start-stop can be cancelled by editing 2 of the bytes of these strings, but don't know about the mx5...

I have read these instructions here (2nd post):
    Wischerwasserbehälter vergrößern und Niedrigstandanzeige aktivieren
    It explains how to change bits.
    The actual Excel file is available here:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?aut…6949&cid=45C6437E5AC3FE5C

MX5 RF G184 SL SP Matrixgrau

SPS-Street, Spurplatten (36 mm+40 mm), Gravity Domstrebe, FMS Duplex je 2x70mm, Catch Can, ZunSport Grill, Maxton Heck Spoiler, CS Shortshifter, Doorbushings, RF-Airbag Overlay, Armlehnenerhöhung,
    Verdecksteuerung, ACC Power controller, AIO-Tweaks, Dashcam, Wischerwasserbehälter vergrößert und Niedrigstandanzeige aktiviert, Hohlraumversiegelung, dynamische Blinker
    IL Motorsport: Kurzstabantenne 17 cm, Alupedalsatz, Unterbodenstreben

• I have read synthesis instructions here (2nd post): Increase wiper water container and enable low-level indicator
    It explains how to change bits.
    The actual Excel file is available here:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?aut…6949&cid=45C6437E5AC3FE5C

Thank you, I had read that but the start-stop was only confirmed for Cx-5 and I was hesitant to try. But I have done it and it works fine in my ND2. The problem is that the system turns off completely and stays off regardless of the dash button. I would preffere to have it off by default and to be able to switch it on with the button. But well ... good enough for now

• Dont works in that way.

MX5 RF G184 SL SP Matrixgrau

SPS-Street, Spurplatten (36 mm+40 mm), Gravity Domstrebe, FMS Duplex je 2x70mm, Catch Can, ZunSport Grill, Maxton Heck Spoiler, CS Shortshifter, Doorbushings, RF-Airbag Overlay, Armlehnenerhöhung,
    Verdecksteuerung, ACC Power controller, AIO-Tweaks, Dashcam, Wischerwasserbehälter vergrößert und Niedrigstandanzeige aktiviert, Hohlraumversiegelung, dynamische Blinker
    IL Motorsport: Kurzstabantenne 17 cm, Alupedalsatz, Unterbodenstreben

• Moin!
    Ich habe mir den OBDLink MX+ zugelegt (der Name ist für uns doch echt verlockend, oder?).
    Wenn ich den jetzt einstecke und dann die Zündung anmache bzw. den Motor starte, bekomme ich verschiedene Fehlermeldungen, wie z.B. die ABS-Lampe ist an.
    Wenn ich Zündung aus mache, den Stecker wieder abziehe und neu starte, sind die Fehlermeldungen wieder weg.
    Beim Protokoll habe ich auf automatisch erkennen gestellt. Muss man das manuell setzen? Oder was mache ich falsch?
    Handy ist Android mit OBDLink und/oder torque.
    Gefunden habe ich hier im Forum nichts dazu.

!!! Lernen ist Wettbewerbsverzerrung !!!

MX5 ND 2,0 G184 ST SL SP

• Hi!
    I am not quite sure of what you mean or where you get the errors. In the car dashboard, it is normal to have lights ON when you switch on ignition (the engine is not needed). Those lights do not indicate any errors. As for the protocol, I understand that you are talking about the connection between the OBD reader and the device/software that you are using. If this is the case and you are using a bluetooth conection with an android device, normally you do not need to change anything. However, you may have to pair both devices by bluetooth and this can be slightly different depending on the app (some apps do it directly whereas others require you to pair the devices first in the device bluetooth settings). Also, if you are switching between different apps, make sure that one of the apps is not "locking" the use of the bluetooth connection to the device in the background.

• Thanks for your answer!
    The problem is not the connection between OBD-reader and smartphone, this functions very well.
    When the motor is running, so the lights should be off. But for example the ABS-light is on. So i think it must be a problem with the protocol between car and OBD-reader.

!!! Lernen ist Wettbewerbsverzerrung !!!

MX5 ND 2,0 G184 ST SL SP

• Thanks for your answer!
    The problem is not the connection between OBD reader and smartphone, this functions very well.
    When the motor is running, so the lights should be off. But for example the ABS light is on. So i think it must be a problem with the protocol between car and OBD reader.

I would suggest you to connect the OBDLink app with the reader with the ignition ON, engine OFF, and read the "diagnostics" section for any DTC errors related to your findings. It is definitely not normal for dashboard lights to remain ON after the engine starts, so doing the above can be a good starting point.

As for the OBDLink OBDII connection protocol, I have it set on AUTO. This is probably not related to your issue, but it won't hurt to check that your vehicle model is properly selected in the configuration menu and you download the latest enhanced OEM add-os for Mazda vehicles.

• Hello, a quick update on this thread. We have been testing some codes. So far, the most useful functions that work with the ND2 are:

- Deactivate start-stop permanently
    - Mute LDWS alarm.
    - Activate traffic-sign-recognition (TSR) in RF cars without i-activsense
    - Smart City Brake (SCB) in cars without i-activsense (this one I am still verifying how it works and if it works in ST cars without i-activsense , so far it is only verified that the function and associated menus are activated in MZD)
    - Driver Attention Alert (DAA) - Still untested

Apparently it is possible to retrofit most or all of the functions of the i-activsense package in cars with the LCD screen (RF) whereas it is yet unclear which ones work in ST cars with the older TFT panel. Thanks to @Stardust for passing VIN values of a ST with i-activsense, as these are not marketed in Spain and the data helps with the research.

• If this works, you will be my hero.

This is an easy one and works perfectly, a single change in SSU module. However, once changed it will not go back to function with the dash button. You need to re-do the change if you want it back to normal