Beiträge von Baldo Mero

Hi Duke, it is very unlikely. I have never read about that in the Mazda3revolution forum. I mean, there are some values that handle the information shown in the instruments cluster for automatic cars, but there is no way to directly tweak the gearbox (not that I know of). You should ask to the workshop that messed with it on the 1st place.

They are held by 2 clips and a strong double sided tape, so you need a trim removal piece and some fishing line for the tape. There is some information and pictures here: https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=705030

I don't get to that if the connection keeps breaking off.

Can I also try this on the PC?

Sounds like you have an older (unstable firmware) from factory. Plug the adapter to a wall USB charger adapter (not to the car). Then update the firmware to the latest version available. You can do that connecting your phone wifi to the network created by the device and navigate with safari to 192.168.50.2. Then you will see the device settings and menu to update. If you want you can use a USB update instead.

So out of the box the Carlinkit 2.0 doesn't work for me. So I definitely have to update.

[user = '5140'] Baldo Mero [/ user]

Where did you get the latest firmware and how did you update your device? Via USB or online?

Hi, sorry I didn't see this on time but it seems that you achieved the update without problems. It was the same for me, carlinkit v2 was not usable as received and it needs to be updated before use. I believe that the safest way is to plug the devide to a power source adapter (not the car) and then connecting to it through the web browser and updating over the air.

you refer to the Carlink adapter, don't you?

Apologies, yes, I meant the Carlinkit device. I understand thatthere are so other unbranded clones with the same looks and hardware

And Carlink 2.0 does work fine with the Mazda Apple Car Play?

On Carlink homepage the compatibility with Mazda says "unstable compatibility".

Carlinkit 2.0 works fine with my Nd2 and others report the same in the American forum and in the reddit forum about these devices. It did not work well with firmwares before January this year, but now is stable.

Is the cable actually fixed to the adapter or can it be exchanged for a longer one? Or do you just need a USB extension?

There are actually 2 generations of devices, the 1st one has a fixed length USB-A cable whereas the 2nd generation has a USB-C input and you can use your own USB-A to USB-C cable (a short one is included ). I find the gen2 devices more practical, smaller and estetically more polished

American cars do not have the plastic covers for unknown reasons. The parts are:

N243-56-1B0 (FRONT DOWN COVER, 46.91 Eur)
    NA1P-56-39ZA (SEAL PLATE COVER; AIR ENTRY, 30.72 Eur)

The American colleagues are actually very jealous and there is a thread at their forum where they wanted to organise a group buy of these parts

a couple of things to check:

- Make sure that the function is re-activated in the safety section of the MZD. Even if the option is checked, press reset ro it re-reads the CMU as built values

- Unlikely, but make sure that your GPS card is inserted and you sync the position outdoors (in case that you are underground without coverage

E.DIT: I have seen in another thread that your GPS system is not working properly, so the TSR problem is definitively linked to that (it requires a GPS card inserted)