TPMS data through OBD / ECU

• Today I've tested my new adapter. I have attached the screenshot of what I normally run (ForScan) and the TPMS data obtained via Torque Pro.
    The adapter in service is the OBDLink MX. Just seems to be running fine. Now I have to figure out the tire numbering scheme. From the pressure data I currently assume T1 is rear right T2 is front right and counting on.
    I'm running winter tires, so according to the manual with a little more pressure on the rear axle

Nice!. The numbering scheme seems to be random, in my case T1 was FL; T2 RL; T3 FR and T4 RL

I couldn't help but notice the EOT value in your Torque Dashboard. Is that a PID pre-configured in the program or is it a custom PID? do you know the PID address?. I am curious because NDs are not supposed to have a real oil temperature sensor, so I wonder if this is a calculated value. Using Forscan I can also get an EOT value, but I don't know where it comes from.

Member #5000 Snow pearl white ST, G184 2019

• This riddle I still have to solve. So far I can see the (presumably calculated) oil temperature in ForScan only. The OBDLink software provides a Ford preset. There I copied the definition. The test is yet to come by tonight ...
    I report back ;)

The left Screenshot is from ForScan lite ...

• We're still working on a TPMS app with a few people. I tried, but I can't seem to access the OBD-2 PIDs from within the CMU. And even if I could, it seems like there's no way to ID the tyres to say which is which corner. For now, we're still going a differen route, receiving the signals with a microcontroller + receiver and accessing that board from the CMU.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

(Work in progress.)

»Drive it like you're sponsored.«
    | KW Variante 3 | Setup by Raeder Motorsport/Manthey Racing | OZ Formula HLT 7,5x17 ET35 | Yokohama AD08R 215/40 R17 |

• Was für ein Kommunikationsinterface nutzt du denn? Es muss MID-Speed-CAN unterstützen was eine Ford / Mazda Eigenheit ist.

Um die Räder zu identifizieren kann man dann einfach in 0,5 bar Schritten unterschiedliche Drücke kurzzeitig einstellen und ein paar Meter fahren um die Werte ablesen zu können. Man weiß ja dann welches Rad welchen Druck haben soll.

Grüße
    Sebastian S.

Verbesserung macht Straßen gerade. Aber es sind die gewundenen, unverbesserten Straßen, die Ausdruck des Genies sind - William Blake

• Wir haben ein Protokoll mit dem eine Executable auf dem System mit dem Board via USB kommuniziert und die Werte in eine Datei legt, die die App dann ausliest.

Die Speedometer-App kann ja einige OBD-2-Werte auslesen, das funktioniert etwas anders, allerdings bin ich noch nicht dahinter gekommen, wie man jetzt diese neuen Werte da auslesen kann.

Was Du beschreibst funktioniert aber auch nur, wenn sich die Reihenfolge nicht ändert. Und da bin ich mir grad nicht sicher, ob beim nächsten Start die Reihenfolge noch die selbe ist. Kann das vielleicht jemand verifizieren?

»Drive it like you're sponsored.«
    | KW Variante 3 | Setup by Raeder Motorsport/Manthey Racing | OZ Formula HLT 7,5x17 ET35 | Yokohama AD08R 215/40 R17 |

• Yes, the order of the wheels is kept after restart and only changes if you change the position of the tires . Each tire sensor has a different PID and they report to the CMU module as tire 1 to 4. But as Sebastian said, they can be read from the ECU only using a MS-CAN bus.

• Thanks a lot for sharing this information!!
    I was trying to find a way to read the tyre pressures since I bought the car (more than a year ago)
    It´s ridiculous to have sensors in the wheels and not be able to see the values!
    I first tried your figures with a different adapter and Torque Pro without result.
    Than I ordered the OBD MX+ adapter and used the included app OBD Link - again without success.
    Next trial was OBD MX+ with Torque Pro - and heureka! it now works perfectly!

So thanks again and best regards
    Felix

Adding power makes you faster on the straights - subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere
    Colin Chapman

G-184 SL/SP mondsteinweiß; Felgen BBS "Ignition", Stubby, schw. Embleme; OEM Frontsplitter, Heckspoiler; ATH ESD mittig, Diffusor, Micro-Flaps Heck u. Seite; Zymexx Spydergrill mit Scheinwerfern, schw. sequ. Seitenblinker

• Glad that it works!

With the OBDLink app it should work all right, it does for several users!. Just review - reconfigure your PIDs as in the attached screen (with the different codes for each tire)

[Blockierte Grafik: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49922418431_87dfa41fa0_z.jpg]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Baldo Mero ()

• Right! I´ll try again...
    For the time beeing I´m happy that it works with Torque - so no stress. :thumbsup:

best regards
    Felix

Adding power makes you faster on the straights - subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere
    Colin Chapman

G-184 SL/SP mondsteinweiß; Felgen BBS "Ignition", Stubby, schw. Embleme; OEM Frontsplitter, Heckspoiler; ATH ESD mittig, Diffusor, Micro-Flaps Heck u. Seite; Zymexx Spydergrill mit Scheinwerfern, schw. sequ. Seitenblinker