Besteht Interesse an Infos zu OBD2 Adapter und Software?

• Mir ist keine App bekannt, die CarPlay kann. Eine App die auch custom IDs verwerten kann (z.b. Für rdks) hatte ich irgendwo, ich glaube weiter vorne im thread, mal empfohlen.

2018 G160 SL + SP in Mondsteinweiß | Bilstein B14 | Federal 595RS-R 205/50R16 auf original Mazda 16" | CAE UltraShifter | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | DIY Öltemperaturanzeige
    Fahrzeugthread: Joshudes Mondgestein

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66 in Passion Red

Fahrzeugthread: Joshudes Kümmerling Bill

• Hi Birdie!. I'll try to answer your questions.

- there are currently no iOS apps that can transfer the mobile display to the MZD, like Torque does in Android through OBD2AA. This is an Apple decision to not allow apps other than GPS / multimedia / communications categories. It is not likely that this would change anytime soon (but you never know)

- Recommended adapter would be MX+. The MX would be not compatible with iphone due to lack of BLTE compatibility. The Wlan version is acceptable to connect to a computer and run forscan, but is is not very convenient with the cell phone because you need to connect the phone to a "virtual" WLAN created by the adapter and then you block the data connection of the mobile, so you cannot use other apps that depend on data connection simultaneously (maps/navigation, spotify, etc). In addition, the wifi connection between mobile and adapter is usually rather unstable.

- The bluetooth connection between Mx+ and iphone does not interfer any other connection of the phone with other devices (neither by cable or by bluetooth

• great thanks, so I will be ordering an MX+ and see how to go on.

is there some app like torwue, that could RECORD a certain trip like a VIDEO?
    This way one could afterwards take the dashcam video and put the tech data in an overlay.
    I do NOT mean the option to also use the phone to record, this would not work due to the position where my phone is placed during driving.

TSchau

• I believe OBDlink app, which is included with the adapter, can record graphs of the variables that you configure. I don’t know how many though, by default i can see 4. Not sure about dash widgets, i’ll try to check tomorrow.
    Likely other apps allow this as well

Member #5000 Snow pearl white ST, G184 2019

• I have taken a quick look and the obdlink app records all the values that you configure in real time and they are saved with the gps data. These can be exported as .csv files. I think that from there, it is a question of which video editing software you use and how it allows to incorporate this stream of data into overlayed gauges. It seems that some camera video editors like garmin virb or gopro software allow to do this directly, and there are also some dedicated programs that can do this. I have not done ot as i don’t have a dash camera but a quick google search for “how to overlay obd data in video” can give you some ideas.

Member #5000 Snow pearl white ST, G184 2019

• Registering in the forscan forum seems to be not that easy.
    I registered myself but when after a few day still no word came form their Admin, I simply tried to login again.

This time, in stead of "your not activate", the page couldn't find my account at all.... So I assume they simply deleted or discarded the registration.

I tried again now, but the only thing I of course get is "not activated" and I may contact the Admin if I have problems registering... but how? the TEAM can only be seen and contacted, once you are activated...

TSchau

• well I can only enter a Username and Mailadress.... both are real... but again also the second time they rejected it... I don't know why, the admin cannot be contacted, the contact page is disabled

TSchau